Cost Includes: Admission Tickets | Lowest Rate Guarantee | Edinburgh Tickets
Rates valid till March 31, 2019
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- The Royal Edinburgh Experience Walking Tour Ticket
- Palace of Holyroodhouse Entrance Ticket (If Option Selected)
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Pick up and drop off service from Hotel
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
- Journey through the ancient, picturesque burgh of the Canongate
- Meander through beautiful, hidden closes and gardens
- Explore Holyrood Palace, Her Majesty The Queen's official residence in Scotland (If Option Selected)
- Hear tales of past royal residents including Mary, Queen of Scots
MEETING POINT AND ROUTE
Start: Mercat Cross, High Street
Finish: Holyrood Palace, Canongate
Children over 5 years of age are very welcome! You do need to be over 5 years old to join these tours.
- 1 hour 45 minutes including the Palace of Holyroodhouse
- 1 hour 30 minutes for the walk alone
Tread the route of royals, past and present – and let your expert guide unlock the history of this ancient seat of power. Discover the hidden history of the Canongate and the glorious Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Uncover a path to the palace that escapes the notice of history books and bus tours. As you walk down the quiet closes of the Royal Mile your expert tour guide will show you a different side of the royal city – in rich, engaging detail.
Here, rebellious Jacobites clattered over the cobbles, led by a proud Bonnie Prince Charlie. And the sickly poet, Robert Fergusson, forever immortalised on the Royal Mile and inspiration to renowned Robert Burns. In the hands of your gifted storyteller on this walking tour, you’ll find that romance and intrigue are everywhere – in the architecture, literature, crime and politics, on the very doorstep of the Queen’s Palace.
Your chance to explore the Palace of Holyroodhouse. (If Option Selected)
After the Canongate, your guide will introduce the glorious Palace of Holyroodhouse – which you’ll explore in your own time. You’ll find 14 magnificent state apartments, as well as the romantic ruins of the 12th century Holyrood Abbey.
The palace was the setting for many dramatic episodes in the short reign of Mary, Queen of Scots – and Her Majesty The Queen still makes use of the State Apartments for royal ceremonies.