Booked your Hotel in Central Paihia?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Paihia!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Cruise around the Bay of Islands
- Visit the Hole in the Rock
- Visit Marsden Cross and Black Rocks
- Island stopover
- Dolphin viewing
- Dolphin swimming and boom-netting (at extra cost)
- Comprehensive Commentary
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Explore the Bay of Islands on the cruise that started it all! Stop on a secluded island and travel to the famous Hole in the Rock. View and swim with the dolphins or boom net alongside the vessel (swimming and boom-netting costs extra). The Cream Trip is the perfect cruise for nature lovers and the most extensive historical cruise in the Bay.
- Tour from Paihia Wharf - Departs: 09:30 am and Returns: 04:30 pm
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, camera, walking shoes and a jacket
- Swimming? Bring a towel and wear your swimsuit under your clothing for convenience
- Wetsuits and snorkelling gear are available on board
- Hot and cold refreshments are available on board
- You can also bring your own picnic lunch
In 1927, Albert Ernest Fuller acquired a delivery route around the Bay of Islands known as the Cream Trip. Locals and visitors began to come along for the ride, and tourism in the Bay of Islands was born.
Today we still follow the original Cream Trip route, delivering mail and supplies to island residents and showing you the best of the Bay on a relaxed day-long cruise. This is the perfect cruise for nature lovers, and the most extensive historical cruise offered in the Bay of Islands.
Enjoy stunning views of the islands as we travel out through the islands on our new vessel Te Maki, making deliveries on our way. On arrival at Cape Brett Lighthouse, the farthest post of the original Cream Trip, we take you through the stunning Hole in the Rock at Motukokako Island.
You’ll also see the impressive Black Rocks and Marsden Cross, where the first Christian sermon in New Zealand was held in 1814.
See dolphins in their natural environment and if conditions are suitable, go swimming alongside these inquisitive creatures – it’s a life-changing experience! Please note that swimming with the dolphins costs extra.
Alternatively, try boom-netting (at extra cost), hanging on to the net as we glide through the water.
We’ll also choose a secluded island where you can stop off to explore, go for a swim or simply relax and enjoy the natural beauty around you. Ninety years on, the Cream Trip cruise is still the best way to see the Bay.