Cost Includes: Admission Tickets | Lowest Rate Guarantee | Edinburgh Tickets
Rates valid till March 31, 2019
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Secrets of the Royal Mile Walking Tour Ticket
- Edinburgh Castle Entrance and Tour (If Option Selected)
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Pick up and drop off service from Hotel
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
- Discover the secrets and stories of Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Get a tour of Edinburgh Castle (If Option Selected) and the Royal Mile
- Skip the line at Edinburgh Castle (If Option Selected)
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- Learn about royalty, writers, philosophers – and everyday Edinburgh folk
MEETING POINT AND ROUTE
Start: Mercat Cross, High Street
Finish: Edinburgh Castle Esplanade, Castlehill
Children over 5 years of age are very welcome! You do need to be over 5 years old to join these tours.
Edinburgh Castle does not admit visitors with bags larger than a 25-litre capacity.
This walking tour is the perfect introduction to Scotland’s capital. The first secret you’ll learn? That you can skip the line at Edinburgh Castle!
Discover an Edinburgh beyond the reach of tour buses and guidebooks. Your expert guide will take you to the places where history was made – the wynds, closes, courtyards and homes of Edinburgh’s Old Town. You’ll be hanging on your tour guide’s every word, as the true stories of the capital’s past unfold.
The characters? Think Mary Queen of Scots, David Hume, Adam Smith and Robert Burns. But you’ll go far beyond the well-known facts and faces – uncover another side of the city, and Scotland’s past. From crime and culture to politics and everyday events, all Edinburgh life is here – expertly told by your experienced guide.
Want to visit Edinburgh Castle? (Add-On Tour)
The castle dominates Scotland’s capital city from its great rock. Battles and sieges were fought over it, royalty lived and died within its walls, and countless generations have been inspired by it.
Visit the castle with your guide, and you’ll walk straight over the drawbridge, and straight past the ticket line – to continue your history tour with a guided visit.
The full walking tour of Edinburgh, including Edinburgh Castle, takes 2 hours and 15 minutes – simply choose this option when you book.
If you prefer to join the walking tour only, that’s absolutely fine. The duration of the walking tour alone is 1 hour and 30-minutes.