Booked your Hotel in Central Rotorua?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Rotorua!
Rates valid until March 31, 2019
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Rotorua Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Te Puia Māori Arts and Crafts Institute
- Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley
- Agrodome sheep show
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Skyline Gondola Ride (If Option Selected)
- Drop off at Central Rotorua Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
- Visit Rotorua's top 3 attractions on this half day tour
- Visit Te Puia and get an insight into Māori culture and traditions
- Visit Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley and experience its extraordinary landscape of boiling mud and steam
- Watch the shearing demonstrations and learn about the history of farming at the sheep show at Agrodome
- Get close to a wide range of native and exotic wildlife at Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Travel on the Skyline Gondola and see stunning panoramic views over Rotorua's main centre (If Option Selected)
Tour Departs: 07:25 am - Tourism Rotorua, 1167 Fenton St
Tour Returns: 12:15 pm - Tourism Rotorua, 1167 Fenton St
Discover three of Rotorua's best visitor attractions on this morning Rotorua sightseeing tour.
Gain an insight into New Zealand's Māori culture at Te Puia, then experience Rotorua's famous geothermal activity with a tour of the neighbouring Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley - a place where mud pools bubble and boil and geysers shoot steam high into the air. A highlight is the famous Pohutu Geyser which shoots jets of vapour up to 30 metres into the air. You'll also see Te Puia's woodcarving and weaving schools and see how these ancient Māori art forms are being passed on to a new generation of master artists.
Then see our agricultural industry in action at the Agrodome, a working organic farm where you can find out all about farming life in New Zealand, watch a sheep shearing display and see sheepdog trials where the hard-working farm dogs show off their amazing skills.
New Zealand wildlife and natural scenery is on display at Rainbow Springs Nature Park, where you can get up close to all kinds of native flora and fauna including the famous kiwi, a flightless native bird. Wander through native forest and discover New Zealand birds, fish and lizards (including the ancient tuatara), as well as exotic animals from around the world.
Optional Add-on: Skyline Gondola
Travel on the Skyline Gondola up the side of Mount Ngongotaha. From 487 metres above sea level, you'll have stunning panoramic views of Rotorua's main centre, Lake Rotorua and its environs. A delicious lunch is available at extra cost. You may like to experience the thrill of a luge ride (additional cost). Enjoy scenic forest views as you speed down the tracks in your luge cart. Choose from a range of tracks and set the speed yourself. Following your gondola experience, a transfer shuttle will take you back to your hotel.