Booked your Hotel in Central Rotorua?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Rotorua!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Rotorua Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Te Puia Māori Arts and Crafts Institute
- Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley
- Agrodome sheep show
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Drop off at Central Rotorua/Auckland Hotel (Depending on Option Selected)
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
- Visit Rotorua's top 3 attractions on the morning city sights tour
- Visit Te Puia and get an insight into Māori culture and traditions
- Visit Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley and experience its extraordinary landscape of boiling mud and steam
- Watch the shearing demonstrations and learn about the history of farming at the sheep show at Agrodome
- Get close to a wide range of native and exotic wildlife at Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set in Matamata and get the inside scoop on how Lord of the Rings was made
Discover three of Rotorua's best visitor attractions on your morning Rotorua city sightseeing tour.
Gain an insight into New Zealand's Māori culture at Te Puia, then experience Rotorua's famous geothermal activity with a tour of the neighbouring Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley - a place where mud pools bubble and boil and geysers shoot steam high into the air. A highlight is the famous Pohutu Geyser which shoots jets of vapour up to 30 metres into the air. You'll also see Te Puia's woodcarving and weaving schools and see how these ancient Māori art forms are being passed on to a new generation of master artists.
Then see our agricultural industry in action at the Agrodome, a working organic farm where you can find out all about farming life in New Zealand, watch a sheep shearing display and see sheepdog trials where the hard-working farm dogs show off their amazing skills.
New Zealand wildlife and natural scenery are on display at Rainbow Springs Nature Park, where you can get up close to all kinds of native flora and fauna including the famous kiwi, a flightless native bird. Wander through native forest and discover New Zealand birds, fish and lizards (including the ancient tuatara), as well as exotic animals from around the world.
After visiting the top Rotorua sights set out across the countryside to a very special New Zealand destination – the Hobbiton Movie Set, constructed on a beautiful 1,250-acre farm near Matamata. Take a guided tour of Hobbiton and learn how this working farm was transformed into The Shire from Middle-earth for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies. Your guide will show you locations like Hobbit holes, the Green Dragon Inn and the Mill – and maybe even let you in on some secrets from filming! After your Hobbiton Movie Set tour, return to Rotorua. You also have the option to travel onwards to Auckland (If Option Selected).