Booked your Hotel in Edinburgh?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Edinburgh!
Rates valid till March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
Start time: 09.30 a.m.
What is included in the tour
- Rosslyn Chapel and the Scottish Borders Tour
- Transport in a 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an experienced driver-guide
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entrance to Rosslyn Chapel
- Entrance to Melrose Abbey
- Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Pick up and drop off service at Hotel
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Nowhere in Scotland is more riddled with mystery than Rosslyn Chapel.
There’s the apprentice who was murdered by his master after carving the ornate Apprentice Pillar. There’s the connection to the Knights Templar and the Holy Grail. And there are even some who believe the chapel was built on a UFO landing site.
On this tour, you get a chance to explore the enigmatic Rosslyn Chapel, admire the gorgeous Tweed Valley, and visit Melrose Abbey, the alleged burial site of Robert the Bruce’s heart.
So, join this day tour and indulge in the mystery, beauty, and history of Scotland.
- Scott’s View - Take in this splendid view of the Scottish borders, which was once Sir Walter Scott’s favourite.
- William Wallace Statue - This 200-year-old eccentric statue of William Wallace proudly watches over the landscape.
- Melrose Abbey - A beautiful and ruined Gothic abbey that may hold the embalmed heart of Robert the Bruce.
- Tweed Valley - Famous for its salmon fishing, the river Tweed is surrounded by soft rolling hills.
- Rosslyn Chapel - A beautiful 15th-century chapel, full of impressive architecture, stone carvings, and many mysterious tales.
Tour Departure Point: Rabbie's Café Bar, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG
- Children over 5 years of age are very welcome! You do need to be over 5 years old to join this tour.
- Pack your waterproof clothing and walking shoes
Your tour takes you south to the beautiful Scott’s View, overlooking the Tweed Valley. You then get the opportunity to visit the nearby statue of the great Scottish patriot, William Wallace.
From here, you travel to Melrose where you can visit the ruined Melrose Abbey, founded by the Cistercians in the 12th Century. The Cistercian monks had close connections with the Knights Templar, and legend tells that Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart, brought back from the crusades in Moorish Spain.
Following lunch in Melrose, you make your way to the stunning 15th century Rosslyn Chapel, made world-famous in Dan Brown’s book, ‘Da Vinci Code’. Here you have time to explore the chapel and find out more about the myths and legends surrounding the whereabouts of the ‘Holy Grail’.
After your visit to Rosslyn Chapel, you return to Edinburgh.