Booked your Hotel in Central Christchurch?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Christchurch!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Christchurch Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Travel through the scenic Canterbury Plains
- Visit Lake Tekapo and Lake Pukaki
- Visit the solitary Church of the Good Shepheard
- Visit Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park
- Enjoy lunch at the Hermitage Hotel in Mount Cook Village (extra cost)
- Drop off at Central Christchurch/Mount Cook/Queenstown Hotel (Depending on Option Selected)
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
New Zealand's Tallest mountain, Aoraki / Mount Cook is situated in a national park and UNESCO World Heritage site. Rising to 3,724 metres high, Aoraki certainly lives up to its name, which in Māori can be translated to as 'cloud piercer'. Legend tells of a young boy named Aoraki who was stranded with his brothers when their canoe struck a reef. As it tilted, the brothers climbed to the high side, where they were frozen by the south wind and turned into stone. Aoraki and his brothers now form the Southern Alps.
- See the iconic Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo
- Travel through the Southern Alps towards Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park
- Enjoy lunch at the famous Hermitage Hotel (extra cost)
- Explore the village of Mount Cook with leisure time after lunch
- Take an optional scenic flight over this breathtaking alpine region (at own expense)
Take a scenic day tour from Christchurch to spectacular Mount Cook.
The tour departs Christchurch in the morning and travels through the lush farmland of the Canterbury Plains to Lake Tekapo, where you can see the iconic Church of the Good Shepherd as it stands in solitude next to the vibrant blue waters. Leaving Tekapo, we continue into the Southern Alps towards Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park, home to New Zealand's tallest mountain. Along the way, your driver guide will keep you entertained and informed with commentary on the area's history and sites of interest.
The tour concludes on arrival at Mount Cook Village, where you can choose to enjoy lunch (optional extra) at the famous Hermitage Hotel. Explore the village and soak up the views of Aoraki / Mount Cook as it towers above. You'll also have the chance to take a scenic flight over this breathtaking alpine region (additional cost, weather permitting – this flight can be arranged with your driver guide on the day). You have the rest of the day at leisure.
You can also choose to continue your tour to Queenstown or return to Christchurch (Depending on Option Selected).
If choosing to end your tour at Queenstown, your coach will continue south, past Lake Pukaki and through the tawny tussock of the Mackenzie Country. En route, enjoy afternoon tea (own expense) in the quaint village of Omarama and if time permits, visit the Jones Family Orchard near Cromwell. Your tour concludes in the evening upon reaching Queenstown, the adventure capital of New Zealand.