Booked your Hotel in Central Wellington?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Wellington!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Comfortable Travel by Train and Coach
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Martinborough wine region day trip from Wellington
- Travel through the stunning countryside of the North Island
- Enjoy wine tastings at four award-winning vineyards
- Savour mouth-watering, local gourmet cuisine and an antipasto lunch
- Sample a delicious cheese platter and sweet delights
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Wellington Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Treat your taste buds to award-winning wines on a day trip to the renowned Martinborough wine region. Departing by train from Wellington, you’ll meet an expert driver-guide for the coach trip to four boutique Martinborough vineyards. Enjoy wine tastings and meet the passionate winemakers, indulge in a gourmet antipasto lunch in the charming wine village, and finish with a cheese platter and coffee.
- Indulge in wine tastings at four award-winning vineyards
- Relax in comfortable, air-conditioned travel by train and coach
- Enjoy mouth-watering, local gourmet cuisine and sweet delights
- Stunning scenic country views, just sit back and relax
- Meet some of the families behind the wineries
Tour Departs: Wellington Railway Station at 8.21 am – weekdays & 9.55 am weekends
Tour Returns: Wellington Railway Station at 5.20 pm – weekdays & 6.30 pm weekends
Start your Martinborough wine tour from the Wellington Railway Station, departing by train on an approximate 1-hour journey past Wellington Harbour and the picturesque Wairarapa Valley. Disembark at Featherston Railway Station, where you’re greeted by a professional driver-guide aboard your comfortable coach.
Travel to four boutique and award-winning tasting rooms where you’ll meet some of the family winemakers behind the label. Your all-inclusive wine tour of the famed wine region of Martinborough includes wine tastings plus a delicious antipasto lunch in the quaint wine villa. Enjoy gourmet delights paired with a local cheese platter and coffee.
If time allows, explore village craft shops and galleries in the sleepy, rural town before you board your train for the return rail trip to Wellington.