Booked your Hotel in Central Christchurch?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Christchurch!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Christchurch Hotel
- Exciting four-wheel drive adventure
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Stand on the summit of 'Edoras'
- Misty Mountains and Helm's Deep filming locations
- Delicious picnic lunch
- Drop off at Central Christchurch Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Join this Lord of the Rings Tour and journey to the LOTR filming location: remote and beautiful Mt Potts High Country station, home of Mt. Sunday. See how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Immerse yourself in the natural, unspoilt beauty of this breathtaking area with its sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers and fresh, crisp mountain air.
- Exciting 4WD adventure through several small streams and right onto Edoras itself.
- Take a short guided walk to stand on the summit of Edoras and enjoy as Eowyn did, the breathtaking 360º views.
- Behind the scenes photos of Edoras under construction – exclusive to us!
- See the Misty Mountains and the area that formed the backdrop to Helms Deep.
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch.
- Informative and entertaining commentary from our local Kiwi guides.
- Handle movie replicas – Aragorn’s Sword, King Theoden’s Sword, Gimli’s Axe and Flag of Rohan.
- Selection of merchandise available for purchase.
- See for yourself why the actors and crew fell in love with this stunning location.
Take a journey into Middle-earth with a full day tour from Christchurch to a key Lord of the Rings filming location.
Setting out from Christchurch, we travel via four-wheel drive to the remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station. Here, peaceful Mt Sunday was transformed into Edoras, home to the Riders of Rohan in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
On your guided walk, you'll learn how the set was built on top of sheer cliffs, see exclusive photos from the film set's construction, and enjoy the awe-inspiring 360-degree views from the summit (just like Eowyn did in the movies!). As you take in the pristine beauty and breathe in the crisp mountain air, you'll understand why the actors and crew fell in love with this stunning location.
During your tour, you'll also see the famed Misty Mountains and the area which formed the backdrop to the terrifying battle of Helm's Deep, while enjoying informative and entertaining commentary from your local guide. An appetising picnic lunch is included. Your tour concludes in Christchurch.
Useful tips: Your four-wheel drive vehicle is powered by 100% bio-diesel, helping keep New Zealand's environment clean and green. Please advise at time of booking if infants are travelling.