Booked your Hotel in Central Christchurch?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Christchurch!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Christchurch Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Scenic drive over the Canterbury Plains from Christchurch to Kaikoura
- Enjoy spectacular views over Kaikoura from a lookout point
- Observe a fur seal colony on the shore near Kaikoura
- Free time to explore Kaikoura village and enjoy lunch on your own
- Whale-watching cruise to look for sperm whales, dolphins and seabirds
- Drop off at Central Christchurch Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
This full day tour includes a scenic drive from Christchurch over the Canterbury Plains before arriving in the majestic seaside village of Kaikoura. Once in Kaikoura, we will make our way to a lookout to enjoy spectacular views of this pretty seaside village, the majestic mountains and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Next, we will visit a fur seal colony before heading into Kaikoura for some free time to explore and enjoy lunch on your own. In the afternoon you will board a catamaran with Whale Watch Kaikoura and enjoy an up-close encounter with the Giant Sperm Whale.
- Scenic tour from Christchurch over the Canterbury plains to Kaikoura
- Informative and entertaining commentary from our local guides
- Visit the lookout to enjoy breath-taking views of the mountains, village and ocean
- Free time to explore Kaikoura village
- View New Zealand Fur Seals at the local seal colony
- In the afternoon, meet the 'locals' with Whale Watch Kaikoura
Following hotel pick up in Christchurch, settle in for a comfortable 2.5-hour scenic drive by coach. You’ll drive through the North Canterbury region of the North Island to Kaikoura, New Zealand’s prime whale-watching locale.
Once in Kaikoura, you will make your way to a lookout to enjoy spectacular views of this pretty seaside village, the majestic mountains and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Next, you will visit a fur seal colony before heading into Kaikoura for some free time to explore the village and enjoy lunch on your own.
In the afternoon, climb aboard your boat and meet expert guides who explain the town’s whaling history and point out the area’s abundant marine life throughout your Kaikoura whale-watching cruise.
Hikurangi Trench, located not far offshore, creates an upwelling that draws the showstopper attraction — mighty sperm whales, who ply Kaikoura’s waters year-round — as well as migrating blue whales, pilot whales, humpback whales and southern right whales, depending on the season. Be prepared to watch the whales spout, breach and slap their large tails on the water. Keep an eye out for orcas as well as Hector’s dolphins, the world's smallest and rarest dolphins.
Kaikoura boasts the largest concentration and variety of seabirds on New Zealand’s mainland, including seven types of shearwaters, 13 species of albatross and 14 varieties of petrels.
Your tour ends with a return drive to Christchurch.