Booked your Hotel in Central Christchurch?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Christchurch!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Christchurch Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Scenic drive over the Canterbury Plains from Christchurch to Kaikoura
- Enjoy spectacular views over Kaikoura from a lookout point
- Observe a fur seal colony on the shore near Kaikoura
- Free time to explore Kaikoura village and enjoy lunch on your own
- Enjoy an up-close encounter swimming with dolphins
- All snorkel gear including a wetsuit
- Drop off at Central Christchurch Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
This full day tour includes a scenic drive from Christchurch over the Canterbury Plains before arriving in the majestic seaside village of Kaikoura. Once in Kaikoura, we will make our way to a lookout to enjoy spectacular views of this pretty seaside village, the majestic mountains and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Next, we will visit a fur seal colony before heading into Kaikoura for some free time to explore and enjoy lunch on your own. In the afternoon you will board a catamaran and enjoy an up-close encounter swimming with dolphins.
- Scenic tour from Christchurch over the Canterbury plains to Kaikoura
- Informative and entertaining commentary from our local guides
- Visit the lookout to enjoy breath-taking views of the mountains, village and ocean
- Free time to explore Kaikoura village
- View New Zealand Fur Seals at the local seal colony
- In the afternoon, meet the 'locals' and swim with Dolphins
Following hotel pick up in Christchurch, settle in for a comfortable 2.5-hour scenic drive by coach. You’ll drive through the North Canterbury region of the North Island to Kaikoura, New Zealand’s prime marine life locale.
Once in Kaikoura, you will make your way to a lookout to enjoy spectacular views of this pretty seaside village, the majestic mountains and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Next, you will visit a fur seal colony before heading into Kaikoura for some free time to explore the village and enjoy lunch on your own.
When it’s time for your dolphin swim, climb into a warm wetsuit and listen to an informative briefing. It’s a short bus journey to the harbour, where you’ll hop aboard a boat and cruise out into the deep ocean. Listen to your captain’s commentary about methods used to attract New Zealand’s dusky dolphins as you keep an eye out for the tell-tale leaps and splashes of these playful and curious creatures. With the engine cut, strap on your mask, snorkel and flippers, and jump into the sea for an unforgettable dolphin swim. You can dive down to the depths below or bob about on the water’s surface. Marvel at the grace of these inquisitive and intelligent mammals as they swim energetically around you. When your time is up, it’s a short boat trip back to Kaikoura.
Your tour ends with a return drive to Christchurch.