Booked your Hotel for Edinburgh?
Buy Activity Tickets in Edinburgh!
Rates valid till March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
Start times: 14.00 p.m and 16.00 p.m.
What is included in the tour
- Historic Underground Walking Tour Ticket
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Pick up and drop off service from Hotel
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
- Get exclusive access to the city’s oldest, deepest vaults
- Discover secrets and stories of Edinburgh’s underworld
- Enjoy a personal tour in a small group
- See and touch 19th-century artefacts
- Visit the Discovery Room with 3D models and displays
MEETING POINT AND ROUTE
Start: Mercat Cross, High Street
Finish: Blair Street Underground Vaults, Blair Street, off Hunter's Square
Children over 5 years of age are very welcome! You do need to be over 5 years old to join these tours.
Get exclusive access to the Blair Street Underground Vaults – the largest system of underground caverns in Edinburgh, built in the 18th century beneath South Bridge.
Beneath the bustle of Edinburgh’s Old Town, you’ll discover a dark, damp world unchanged since the 18th century. Your expert guide will lead you deep into the Blair Street Underground Vaults, and together you’ll explore their history – including how they became home to the city’s most destitute inhabitants.
Want to see Edinburgh’s darkest secret? Descend into the vaults...
It’s a story rooted in Edinburgh’s Georgian past – grand feats of engineering, the expansion of the city, and those who were left behind in its darker corners.
But why were the vaults built? And who used them? Save your questions for your tour guide, a masterful storyteller who will bring the history of the vaults to life – and talk you through some of the artefacts that have survived.
The walking tour takes 1 hour and 15 minutes, with time in the end at the Discovery Room – complete with 3D models and artefacts.