Booked your Hotel for London?
Buy Activity Tickets in London!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
Pick up time: 03.00 p.m
What is included in the tour
- Visit three of London's oldest pubs
- Walking tour with expert guide
- Included beer' flight' (three small tasters of British beer)
- VOX audio technology throughout the tour ensures you never miss a word of your guide’s live commentary.
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Pick up and drop off service at Hotel
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Explore three of London's oldest pubs on this fascinating afternoon walking tour of historic Bankside. Hear the stories and myths behind the alehouses of Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare, as your expert guide brings the incredible history of life.
Your adventure begins at The Centre Page; partially destroyed by The Great Fire of London this beautiful pub was famously referenced in Charles Dickens’ The Pickwick Papers and was rumoured to be where Guy Fawkes held Gun Powder Plot meetings.
Then it’s on to the Anchor Bankside, once a favourite with river pirates and smugglers, it was also from where Samuel Pepys watched the Great Fire of London and where Doctor Johnston wrote part of his dictionary.
Your final stop is the Old Thameside Inn; an old spice warehouse located by the remains of Cardinal Wolsey’s Winchester Palace and proud neighbour to the full-scale replica of Sir Francis Drake’s ship; The Golden Hind.
Tour Starts: 3.00pm, at the steps of St Paul's Cathedral
Tour Finishes: approx 6.00pm, at The Old Thameside Inn, near London Bridge rail and underground station
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 18 years. Beer can only be served to adults 18 years or older.