Booked your Hotel in Queenstown?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Queenstown!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Queenstown Hotel
- Guided Snow walk
- Helicopter Ride over the Mountain
- Essentials like: Waterproof Snowboots, overpants, jacket and gloves to ensure you are suitably dressed for your experience
- Snowshoes - these go over your footwear so please wear sensible outdoor footwear, closed-toe trail shoes or hiking boots (preferably waterproof) and warm socks
- Adjustable walking poles
- Hot drinks and Snacks
- Friendly, knowledgeable and cheerful local guides
- Interpretative commentary of flora, fauna, history, geology and SNOW
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Free Wi-fi on the Coach
- Drop off at Central Queenstown Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
High above the valley floors and glacier-blue lakes, there’s a whole new world to be discovered, a mountain-top paradise most people will never encounter.
Only Heli-Snowshoeing can give you the perspective on nature you've only ever see on film, and only our highly-trained helicopter pilots have this array of incredible locations at their disposal. It’s a Heli-hike with so much more to explore when hiking through the snow.
Surrounded by jagged mountain peaks, you can enjoy the high altitude experience of a guided snowshoeing hike combined with scenic helicopter flights, with not another soul around, all under the backdrop of the most glorious views in the world.
In inclement weather, your pilot will choose walking areas where the elements are more inviting. The rest is up to you - along with your guide, you will create memories that will stay with you forever.
On top of the world just minutes from Queenstown, and without the strenuous climb. In this area, surrounded by towering jagged mountain peaks and hidden winter alpine life, the only way to access this pristine environment is by Helicopter.
Endless mountain-tops, hidden valleys and frozen lakes stretch into infinity, Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu far below. Silence and remoteness surround you in this very special environment where you can Heli-Hike and explore at leisure.
Once your helicopter flight gets the adrenalin is rushing, you’ll don a pair of our high-tech snowshoes and you’re ready to go. Gone are the old tennis racquet style snowshoes and in are the new, slimline snowshoes which let you feel as if you are floating across the snow. Snowshoes allow you to snow hike across unbroken snow without sinking up to your waist, opening up huge possibilities for wilderness exploration.
Then you and your expert guide can explore the snow-covered wilderness that surrounds you. Snowshoeing from Queenstown offers an exciting exploration of the white wintery wilderness. Most of the area around Queenstown is backcountry and offers kilometres of snow in winter for snowshoeing.
As with all our snowshoe trips, we have a privately guided Heli Snowshoe option where we can tailor the terrain, duration and pace especially for you.
Spectacular scenery with snow-capped mountain & lake views, walking on pristine snow in our own mountain wilderness minutes from Queenstown.
WALKING TIME: 3 hours (approx)
WALKING DISTANCE: 3 kilometres (moderate)
TRACK: Make our own!
What to bring:
- Sturdy Walking shoes/boots
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Warm thick socks
- Thermal under layers (wool or polypropylene is best)
- Warm mid layers (avoid cotton and denim)
- Sunglasses (essential to avoid snow blindness)
- Sunscreen (important as our sun is very harsh)
- Water bottle
- A small backpack is useful if you have one