Booked your Hotel in Central Christchurch?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Christchurch!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Christchurch Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Scenic journey from Christchurch to Hanmer Springs
- Jet Boating or Bungy Jumping at Thrillseekers Canyon (costs extra)
- Free time to explore Hanmer Springs township
- Lunch at the Kiosk Café and Grill
- Bathe at the Hanmer Springs Hot Thermal Pools
- Therapeutic Massage at the Spa in the Hot Thermal Pools (costs extra)
- Drop off at Central Christchurch Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
A day tour to Hanmer Springs an Alpine Village approximately 90 minutes northwest of Christchurch. The tour includes lunch and admission to the hot thermal pools. There are also the options of jet boating, bungy jumping and therapeutic massage available for you to experience and enjoy at an extra cost.
- Depart Christchurch by road travelling through the rolling farmland of North Canterbury to Hanmer Springs.
- First stop is at Thrillseekers Canyon where you can either jet boat through the Waiau River Gorge or bungy jump off the bridge spanning the gorge. Both activities are optional and costs extra.
- Arriving in Hanmer Springs township there is time to look around this picturesque high country township prior to lunch at the Kiosk Café and Grill, located adjacent to the thermal pools.
- You have the afternoon to relax in the hot thermal pools and explore more of the village if you so desire.
- If Jet Boating or Bungy Jumping was not for you a therapeutic massage can be arranged at the Spa inside the thermal pools at an extra cost.
After pick up from your centrally located hotel, relax on the 1.5-hour drive from Christchurch to the tranquil enclave of Hanmer Springs, a picturesque resort village tucked into a valley, surrounded by a superb expanse of mountains and forest-clad hills.
On arrival, start with an exciting jet-boat ride through Waiau Gorge at the aptly named Thrillseekers Canyon. Burst through narrow gorges and white-water rapids and skim over braided shallows on a high-speed ride with thrilling 360-degree spins. You can even experience bungy jumping at Thrillseekers Canyon. Both activities are optional and can be arranged at an extra cost.
Then, head to Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa for a provided lunch at the on-site Garden House Cafe. Relax in the volcanic sulphur pools fed by natural thermal springs, and soak your tension away against the massage jets. Dip into various pools offering a range of temperatures. Rich in minerals including chloride, boron, calcium and carbonate, the waters are known to treat a variety of conditions and injuries. As an alternative, if jet boating was not for you, a therapeutic massage is available at the Spa in the Thermal Pools, at an additional cost for your relaxation and enjoyment.
Enjoy views of towering redwoods and have time to explore the village of Hanmer at your leisure before departing for your accommodation, arriving back in Christchurch in the evening.