Booked your Hotel for Kuala Lumpur?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Kuala Lumpur!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
Pick up time: 05.00 p.m
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Hotel in Kuala Lumpur
- Private Boat Ride for FireFly Night Tour
- Private Vehicle for Country Side Tour
- Drop back at the hotel in Kuala Lumpur
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
The journey from Kuala Lumpur takes one hour, driving through small villages (Kuala Selangor). This tour also includes Bukit Melawati (Lighthouse-Monkey Feeding) and the firefly colony. Explore the ancient Dutch Fortress atop Melawati Hill, also, may have a chance to enjoy the beautiful sunset there.
After seafood dinner, witness the spectacular thousands of fireflies lighting up the Berembang trees along the river which are reminiscent of a twinkling Christmas tree. All visitors are boarding the 4 seated wooden boat with a lifejacket.
The fireflies all are found on the mangrove tree species called berembang. It is said that this is one of the biggest firefly colonies in the world. If you want to check out the fireflies yourself, you should head out to Kampung Kuantan (9km from Kuala Selangor) in the beginning of the evening. There you can arrange an eco-friendly rowing boat; a local boatman (guide) will escort you. There are opening hours to take into account; you can visit the attraction between 8.00pm and 10.30pm daily (except for rainy days).
**Dress casually and bring along rain gear on wet days. Departures might be cancelled if there is too much rain the coastal area.
* Bonus visit to Bukit Rotan Hindu temple, a magnificent temple called the Sri Shakti Temple with finely sculpted stone walls and an intricately decorated 5 tier gopuram entrance tower. This must be one of the finest looking Hindu temples in Malaysia and may well become a leading tourist attraction as its fame spreads in years to come. The temple took four years to build, apparently at a cost of RM12 million.
PLACES OF INTEREST
Palm Oil & Rubber Tree Plantation (Drive Pass)
Fisherman Village ( Drive Pass )
Boat Ride to see fireflies (Visit Stop)
Bukit Melawati (Fort Altingsburg) (Visit Stop)
Seafood Dinner (Visit Stop)
Bonus Visit ** Bukit Rotan Hindu Temple