Booked your Hotel in Queenstown?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Queenstown!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Queenstown Hotel or Athol Street
- Doubtful Sound Cruise
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Free Wi-fi on the Coach
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Drop off at Central Queenstown Hotel or Athol Street
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Travel with us to the heart of Fiordland National Park and take in the beauty and vastness of remote Doubtful Sound on our Wilderness Cruise. It will take your breath away as you experience its deep wilderness.
Doubtful Sound is a beautiful fjord. Three times longer than Milford Sound, with twisting arms, it has a surface area ten times larger. With its rugged peaks, verdant rainforest and twisting, hidden inlets, Doubtful Sound will take your breath away.
There’s no direct road access, so the only way you can to get to Doubtful Sound is a cruise across the picturesque Lake Manapouri, followed by a trip over Wilmot Pass - New Zealand's most expensive (and majestic) road. We’ll pause along the way to experience the dense Fiordland rainforest and view Doubtful Sound glistening below. This isolation makes this fiord a very special place, only those in the know get to see.
In Doubtful Sound, you’ll board our spacious, purpose-built catamaran Patea Explorer for a 3-hour cruise through this pristine fiord. During the cruise, our knowledgeable and friendly nature guides will share with you their passion for the region. They’re always ready to answer questions, point out landmarks and provide all the information about the varied wildlife you may see, including dolphins, fur seals and the rare Fiordland crested penguin.
Things you should know
- You’ll cruise across crystal clear Lake Manapouri to West Arm
- A highlight is the coach trip through Fiordland’s rainforest and over Wilmot Pass
- Our dedicated nature guide will let you know all about the region's flora and fauna
- Sandwiches & snacks are also available on board to purchase (directly pay at the venue, cash only)
- Licensed bar on board (extra cost, cash only)
- The tour is suitable for all ages.
What to Bring:
- Non-slip shoes/boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Insect repellent