Booked your Hotel in Central Christchurch?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Christchurch!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Enjoy both routes on the Christchurch Hop-on Hop-off City Tour
- Hagley Park, Avon River and Botanic Gardens
- Christchurch Cathedral and new Cardboard Cathedral
- Bridge of Remembrance
- Canterbury Museum and Arts Centre
- Re: START shipping container mall
- Discover Christchurch Tour (Sumner Beach, Port Hills, Mona Vale) - If Option Selected
- Comprehensive commentary
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Tour the highlights of central Christchurch aboard an open-top double-decker bus. This tour covers Christchurch’s top landmarks, including Hagley Park, the Bridge of Remembrance and New Regent Street.
Add-on Discover Christchurch Tour:
After your one-hour tour of central Christchurch swap the classic London-style Routemaster for a bus with a closed top. Venture outside the city centre to see views from the Port Hills, stroll the Mona Vale Gardens and stop at a beach in Sumner.
Listen to live commentary and learn about city history and recovery efforts since the 2011 earthquake.
DEPARTURE TIME AND LOCATION FOR THE DISCOVER CHRISTCHURCH TOUR
Departs once daily at 9 am from outside the Canterbury Museum.
Rolleston Ave, Christchurch Central, Christchurch, 8013
Discover the fascinating history of Christchurch on a half day city sightseeing tour. Take in the sights of the central city and its surrounds and see how this beautiful city is recovering from the devastating 2011 earthquake.
Step on board a classic open top double decker for a one-hour bus tour around central Christchurch. Your guide will tell you about the history of the city from its pioneering days to the present day. You will view some of the areas affected by the earthquakes, see how Christchurch is preserving some of its iconic heritage buildings and learn about the latest plans for the restoration of the inner city.
Experience the natural beauty of Hagley Park, the Avon River and Botanic Gardens, as well as the recently reopened New Regent Street with its distinctive Spanish Mission style architecture, and the Re: START mall, an innovative development created entirely out of shipping containers!
Add-on Discover Christchurch Tour:
Following your Christchurch city tour, See greater Christchurch on a two-hour closed-top double-decker bus tour.
Head towards the picturesque seaside village of Sumner where there is time to explore the beach and its interesting rock formations. From there travel up the Port Hills to the historic Sign of the Takahe, a listed heritage building where you will enjoy panoramic views overlooking Christchurch City, the port of Lyttelton, the Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps.
On the return journey, visit Mona Vale, one of Christchurch's most spectacular gardens. Take a leisurely stroll around the park and see why Christchurch is known as 'the Garden City'.
Useful tips: The first hour of this tour is by open-top double-decker bus with covered seating available downstairs. The last two hours of the tour (Discover Christchurch Tour) are in a closed top double-decker vehicle.
CENTRAL TOUR (RED LINE)
Tour Duration: 1 Hour | Red Line
Summer (1 Nov – 30 Apr): Buses depart every 30 mins from 10am, terminating at 5pm. Winter (1 May – 31 Oct): Buses depart every 60 mins from 10am, terminating at 5pm.
- Canterbury Museum - first bus departs: 10am
- Mona Vale - first bus departs: 10.05am
- Riccarton House & Bush - first bus departs: 10.12am
- Westfield Riccarton Mall - first bus departs: 10.18am
- Earthquake Memorial/The Terrace - first bus departs: 10.27am
- Cardboard Cathedral - first bus departs: 10.34am
- Margaret Mahy Playground - first bus departs: 10.40am
- Cathedral Square - first bus departs: 10.47am
ATTRACTIONS TOUR (BLUE LINE)
Tour Duration: 1 Hour | Blue Line
Summer (1 Nov – 30 Apr): Buses depart every 60 mins from 11.15am, terminating at 6.15pm. Winter (1 May – 31 Oct): Buses depart every 60 mins from 11.15am, terminating at 5.15pm.
- Canterbury Museum - first bus departs: 11.15am
- Merivale - first bus departs: 11.20am
- International Antarctic Centre - first bus departs: 11.37am
- Willowbank Wildlife Reserve - first bus departs: 11.50am
- Top 10 Holiday Park - first bus departs 12.05pm
CHILDREN RIDE FOR FREE
Children under 15 years travel FREE with an accompanied adult. 2 children per adult.