Booked your Hotel in Central Paihia?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Paihia!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Paihia Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach
- Sandboarding at Te Paki Stream
- Historic commentary and Māori legends
- Fish and chips or falafel salad Lunch
- Puketi Kauri Forest
- Drop off at Central Paihia Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
- Visit Cape Reinga on the top of New Zealand's North Island
- Admire its wild and untouched beauty and learn about its rich Maori culture and traditions
- Immerse yourself in the Puketi Kauri Forest as you walk through 1,000-year-old Kauri trees and native bush
- Try the sandboarding experience down the massive sand dunes at Te Paki Stream
- Walk on the vast and stunning Ninety Mile Beach
- Enjoy lunch of either fish and chips or a falafel salad
- Listen to interesting commentary and Maori legends from your expert guide
A visit to New Zealand is not complete without a journey to the very top of the North Island – Cape Reinga (Te Rerenga Wairua). Uncover the wild beauty of this vast and untouched region that is rich in Māori culture and tradition. Your driver guide also doubles as a story-teller, sharing the stories of this significant site where, according to Māori legend, spirits depart on their journey home to Hawaiki. Enjoy spectacular panoramic views, visit the iconic lighthouse, and see the point where the Tasman Sea and the mighty Pacific Ocean come crashing together.
Ninety Mile Beach is another highlight of the tour – you'll drive along the sand as waves crash beside the custom-built coach. Feel the sand between your toes as you help your driver guide dig for shellfish (conditions permitting). Don’t be alarmed when your driver takes the bus up Te Paki Stream towards the mountainous sand dunes, it's all part of the off-road experience. Clambering up and then sand-boarding down the enormous dunes (if you dare!) will give your legs a stretch after the first part of the tour and get your heart pumping with excitement.
As you travel north, enjoy a taste of New Zealand's varying and beautiful landscape. The trip showcases the rolling hills of Northland's rural countryside, breath-taking coastal views and native forest.During your journey, you'll visit Puketi Kauri Forest, where you'll get up close to ancient and majestic giant kauri trees and native bush. Take a short walk along an elevated walkway and learn about the traditional uses of these graceful giants, and about conservation efforts to preserve the forest today.
Your journey back to the Bay of Islands will be equally enjoyable as your tour guide's combination of local insight, extensive historical knowledge and fantastic sense of humour create an unforgettable adventure.