Cost Includes: Sightseeing | Transfers | Entrance Tickets | Lowest Rate Guarantee | Edinburgh Tour
Rates valid till October 28, 2019
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
Pick-Up time: 08.15 a.m.
What is included in the tour
- Alnwick Castle, the Northumberland Coast and the Borders Tour
- Transport in a 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an experienced driver-guide
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Pick up and drop off service at Hotel
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
You can admit it. When you read Harry Potter you dreamed of becoming a wizard. And who wouldn’t? Casting spells, reading magical books, and flying on broomsticks would be incredible.
And although this dream may never happen, on this tour we can give you the next best thing. We take you to the setting for Hogwarts at Alnwick Castle. It’s a grand castle that’s as magical as it is historically fascinating.
If you’re not into Harry Potter, you’ll still discover gorgeous historic towns, fascinating tales, and beautiful views on this exceptional tour of the borders of Scotland and England.
- Kelso - A ruined abbey, a stunning, cobbled town square, and beautiful boutique shops.
- The Borders - The gentle valleys and rolling hills are a delight to explore.
- Alnwick Castle - This gorgeous castle was used as a set for both Harry Potter and Downton Abbey.
- Northumberland Coastline - This captivating coastline is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- River Tweed - A graceful, salmon-filled river that winds through the borders.
- East Lothian - Home to famous golf courses and expanses of splendid green farming plains.
Tour Departure Point: Rabbie's Café Bar, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG
- Children over 5 years of age are very welcome! You do need to be over 5 years old to join this tour.
- Pack your waterproof clothing and walking shoes
Your tour begins by following the road that connected Caledonia with Roman Britannia.
You stop in Kelso, where you can explore this handsome town and what is thought to be Scotland’s largest market square. You also see the ruins of Kelso Abbey, a reminder of the many ancient conflicts between Scotland and England.
Continuing South, you cross the border and travel to Alnwick Castle, an immense fortification that has stood strong for nearly a millennium.
It was originally built to assert Norman rule over newly conquered lands. But more recently Alnwick Castle and its perfectly manicured gardens have found fame as one of the settings for the fictional Hogwarts school in the Harry Potter movie series.
Book lovers should take the opportunity to explore one of the largest and most impressive second-hand book-shops in Britain.
After around three hours at Alnwick, you travel north along the Northumberland Coast, one of the UK’s most outstanding areas of natural beauty. You stop along the way to admire some of the area’s best-known beaches, castles, and ancient Border towns.