Booked your Hotel in Central Christchurch?
Book our Sightseeing Tours in Christchurch!
Rates valid until March 31, 2018
Rates valid for minimum 02 passengers travelling together
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from Central Christchurch Hotel
- Comfortable Coach Travel
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive Commentary
- Explore the French harborside village of Akaroa
- Take in the majestic scenery of Akaroa Harbour
- Two hour Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruise
- Discover an array of wildlife including penguins, seals and dolphins
- Learn about Akaroa's fascinating historic past
- Enjoy cheese tasting at Barry's Bay Cheese Factory
- Drop off at Central Christchurch Hotel
- All Taxes included (what you see is the final price per person)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals other than those specified in inclusions
- Drinks other than those specified in inclusions
- Tips (not mandatory)
Visit the beautiful old French whaling depot of Akaroa. A charming small town nestled in one of the inner harbour bays of Akaroa Harbour on Banks Peninsula. The tour includes a two-hour award-winning harbour cruise and a visit to the only cheese factory in the region, at Barry's Bay.
- Travel to Akaroa via Lake Ellesmere, Lake Forsyth and Little River
- Stop at the Hill Top to experience panoramic views of Akaroa Harbour
- Lunch available at Bully Hayes - a popular restaurant on the waterfront in the heart of Akaroa with a wide choice of New Zealand food (costs extra)
- Enjoy a two-hour cruise on the Canterbury Cat exploring the delights of Akaroa Harbour
- Look out for dolphins, penguins and seals
- Visit the cheese factory at Barrys Bay and sample some fine New Zealand cheese
Visit the beautiful unspoilt old French whaling depot of Akaroa. A charming small town nestled in an inner harbour bay of Akaroa Harbour on Banks Peninsula.
The township contains a host of historic buildings, craft and gift shops. Lunch is available at the naturally picturesque setting of Akaroa Village at the popular Bully Hayes (Lunch is an optional extra). In the afternoon, enjoy the Akaroa Harbour Cruise on the Canterbury Cat.
Experience an award-winning cruise that is packed with highlights including the rare, NZ native dolphin - the Hector's Dolphin, as well as penguins and other seabirds. And you'll see giant volcanic sea cliffs and hear about Akaroa's fascinating past. Cruises depart every day of the year, weather permitting.
Travel on a modern catamaran, which is perfect for viewing the natural wonders of Akaroa Harbour. There's lots of room on the two decks for unimpeded viewing and plenty of covered seating, for shade and shelter. Inside there's a bar and toilets. Each cruise is fully narrated by your skipper who has extensive knowledge of the nature, wildlife and history of the harbour.
On each two-hour cruise discover wildlife plus many sea caves and volcanic cliffs. As Akaroa Harbour was a live volcano millions of years ago, there are many spectacular ancient lava flows to be seen. One cliff has a sheer 500-foot face and a fascinating history, while Nikau Palm Gully is the southernmost limit for the tropical palm trees. There is also the incredible Scenery Nook, an amazing pink, purple and red volcanic amphitheatre that will take your breath away.
On your return journey to Christchurch, a stop will be made at the Barry’s Bay Cheese factory, where you will get to sample some fine New Zealand cheese.